BoboMail is a so called webmail application, which provides mail access through a web interface.
- read, write, reply, forward and delete messages
- send and receive attachments
- decodes quoted-printable, base64 and uuencoded
- handles HTML-mails properly (with inline images!)
- direct support for the following MIME types: message/rfc822, message/delivery-status, multipart/alternative, multipart/mixed, multipart/report, multipart/related, multipart/digest, text/plain, text/html, text/x-vcard, image/jpeg, text/rfc822-headers, image/png, image/x-xpixmap, image/gif
- works with POP3-servers and partially IMAP4 (spool-files under development)
- easy to modify and customize through HTML-templates
- modular design provides easy interface for other authentication methods and mail protocols
- provides optionally its own fast multithreading webserver (BoboMailHTTPD)
- multi-lingual support (i18n) - currently English, Finish, Brazilain-Portuguese, Spanish and German
- and it's 100% Python :-)
The first version of BoboMail was used for about a year and a half in the intranet of the Computer Club Ostfriesland (one of Germany's largest computer clubs, see http://www.cco-ev.de if you understand German). I wrote my own webmailer, because at that time only some Perl scripts were available, which were not easy to customize (e.g. German interface).
Please also visit the homepage at Sourceforge: http://bobomail.sf.net